Into the Cloud: Security for Windows 10 and Office 365 is an introductory course that provides basic security awareness for the home user in a Windows 10 and Office 365 operating system.
Come learn about installation/upgrade, safe storage of all your files, and how to connect devices such as printers, cameras and scanners. Topics also include installing, maintaining and removing third party applications, how to keep your PC secure and your data safe, as well as many tips on how to use the features of Windows 10 and Office 365 to your advantage.
Upon successful completion of Into the Cloud: Security for Windows 10 and Office 365 you will:
- know how to access and log on to Office 365.
- be aware of features Office 365 offers for business and/or personal files.
- understand how to access and work on files from anywhere.
- have the ability to install and maintain connected devices such as printers, scanners and cameras.
- document images and music as well as learn about their optimal storage and retrieval processes.
- discuss computer, browser and information safety and security.
- identify the best practices for setting a secure password.
- recognize the pros and cons of different Firewalls and Antivirus software.
- know how to create physical and internet based backup systems.
- identify different types of social engineering and know what to do if you’ve been hacked.
- obtain a Recognition of Participation certificate.
This course has no prerequisites.
Course materials are included.