The vast majority (85 per cent) of cardiac arrests happen at home, in public places and workplaces. If you ever witness a cardiac arrest, chances are it will happen to a family member, someone you work with, or care about. CPR –Level C and AED focuses on helping both children and adults.
This straightforward, yet comprehensive, course provides you with the skills and confidence to respond to a cardiac arrest at home, in public or at work. You’ll get hands-on practice in performing high-quality CPR, using an AED, relieving choking and giving mouth-to-mouth breaths. This course covers CPR and AED for both adults and children.
Upon successful completion of CPR- Level C and AED, you will:
- realize how high quality CPR increases survival rate.
- be able to perform CPR on adults and children.
- know how to use an AED on adults and children.
- recall the proper measures to take in a wide array of emergency situations.
- receive a 1-year certification in CPR –Level C and AED.
This course has no prerequisites.
Course materials are included.
All of our first aid classes use the curriculum offered by The Heart and Stroke Foundation. All programs meet the federal, provincial and territorial requirements for the workplace. These include the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) regulations, HRSDC (Human Resources Canada), Canadian Labour Code and COHS (Canadian Occupational Health & Safety).