All health-care personal play a fundamental role in providing adequate and quality patient care. Medical Office Procedures will provide learners with an introduction to medical terminology, basic transcription, office procedures, electronic medical record systems, Alberta Health Care billing, and provide an overview of the Health Information Act (HIA).vStudents will be expected to learn basic medical word parts, and apply this knowledge to medical transcription.
Upon successful completion of Medical Office Procedures, you will:
- identify and define commonly used medical terms.
- locate basic human anatomy on the body.
- know medical transcription basics.
- use common medical equipment.
- define abbreviations and other pharmaceutical terms.
- collect and store information from electronic medical record systems.
- execute billing practices through Alberta Health Care.
- recognize the basic principles of the Health Information Act (HIA).
- obtain a Recognition of Participation certificate.
No prerequisites required.
It is recommended that students purchase a Medical Terminology Dictionary. This is not included in the registration fee.
This course is eligible for the Canada – Alberta Job Grant (CAJG), which will reimburse up to 2/3 of the costs of training for organizations that qualify.
For full details on the Canada-Alberta Job Grant and application forms, please visit: http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/employers/jobgrant.aspx