Featuring outstanding salary options, positive future outlook with the pipeline industry and now endless promise as a ‘Green Collar’ career choice, welding has never been a more secure or flourishing trade.
The Pre-Employment Welding/Pipeline Assistant Program prepares and allows students to write the First Year Welding Apprenticeship theory and practical exams. With countless kilometers of steel pipelines being installed worldwide for varied civil and industrial uses, we have added a pipeline assistant component to this program. The Pre-Employment Welding/Pipeline Assistant Program covers all material in The First Year Alberta Welding Apprenticeship curriculum, plus additional safety training, and employability skills.
Upon successful completion of The Pre-Employment Welding/Pipeline Assistant Program, you will:
- be prepared to write the First Year Welding Apprenticeship theory and practical examinations.
- be prepared to be employed within the welding industry in Alberta.
- have obtained a variety of safety certificates (Standard 1st Aid/CPR Level A, Confined Space, WHMIS, Fire Safety, Forklift Safety, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance and CSTS).
- have learned valuable employability skills including cover letter and resume writing, and interview skills.
- obtain a Letter of Recognition.
English 10-2 and Math 10-3 or Pass mark in all 5 Canadian G.E.D. Tests or pass Apprenticeship Entrance Exam.
Please contact Industrial and Technical Training at (403) 320-3202 ext. 5770 prior to registering to ensure all pre-requisites have been met.
Course fees do not included textbooks (approx. 125.00), apprenticeship exam fee ($150.00 theory, $145.00 practical), or other materials.
You are responsible for your own work boots, coveralls, safety glasses, welding gloves and pliers.
Students in pre-employment programs can now apply for loans and grants through Student Aid Alberta.