No one likes to have that difficult, awkward, and uncomfortable conversation with an employee or co-worker. If you want to have a productive conversation, you've got to master the art of communicating effectively.
Avoiding difficult conversations can negatively impact your relationship with others including employees and your superiors. Gain knowledge in this area to confidently equip yourself with the tools needed to stop avoiding and start effectively facing difficult conversations. Your whole organization will benefit.
Upon successful completion of Mastering Difficult Conversations, you will:
- demonstrate the importance of mastering difficult conversations.
- understand the difficult conversations E.A.S.E. framework.
- have acquired skills and abilities required to handle difficult conversations.
- feel confident handling difficult conversations because of previous practice in role play scenarios including delivering bad news, apologizing, asking for something, and discussing sensitive subjects.
- obtain a Recognition of Participation certificate.
No prerequisites required.
This course can be used toward the 150 hour requirement to obtain Blue Seal Certification. For more information go to, https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/experiencedworkers/business-competencies/
This series is eligible for the Canada – Alberta Job Grant (CAJG), which will reimburse up to 2/3 of the costs of training for organizations that qualify. Please ensure you submit your application at least 30 days before the training course start date and include each course in the series. Only training courses that are approved before they start will be funded by the CAJG. For full details on the Canada-Alberta Job Grant and application forms, please visit: http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/employers/jobgrant.aspx
You may take this course independently or choose to take the series in its entirety. Please note however, that individual courses within the series are not eligible for the CAJG funding if taken alone
Course materials are included.