Whether you’ve been riding for years, or are new to the motorcycle world, improving safety and technique is always important. When you ride with confidence, knowing how to keep yourself and other driver’s safe, riding is more enjoyable for everyone.
Motorcycle Training is a multi-day training program designed to create skillful, safety-conscious and responsible motorcyclists. This program is for motorcyclists of all backgrounds and experience levels.
Upon successful completion of Motorcycle Training, you will:
- recall local safety requirements and be able to implement them on your rides.
- employ helpful tips taught by our experienced instructors.
- ride with confidence as a skilled and responsible motorcyclist.
- obtain a certificate of completion.
You must be 16 years of age to take this course.
Motorcyclists of all levels are welcome.
DOT? (Department of Transportation) approved? motorcycle? helmet. “DOT” attached on the lower middle back of the helmet, also an approval sewn into the inside of?the?helmet.
Clothing of substantial weight to protect your skin against scraping (road rash):
- Jacket:?Leather, heavy denim or heavy khaki
- Pants:?Leather, heavy denim or heavy khaki
- Footwear: Footwear that covers your ankle to prevent burning caused by the exhaust pipe. Acceptable footwear includes?hiking boots or work boots, preferably with a low-heel. Do not wear?steel-toed boots.
- Motorcycles are provided for this course.
- Participants are encouraged to park in parking lot 'H', located on the east side of the campus. This location is closer to the classroom and the motorcycles.
- The Tuesday to Thursday format will run Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for the first week of class, and only Tuesday and Wednesday the second week of class.