The job of payroll is an incredibly important one in any business. People rely on you to be correct, efficient, timely and knowledgeable in order to deliver them an accurate paycheck. Your mistakes can be costly to other employees, your employer, and yourself. This course will teach you valuable information about payroll, including terminology, federal regulations, and the Provincial Employment Standards Regulations & Employment Standards Code. Know your employers responsibilities as well as your own and be a vital resource to your co-workers and managers!
Introduction to Payroll is an intensive course that delves into all aspects of calculating payroll and the specific rules and regulations surrounding it to ensure you are reporting payroll correctly.
Upon successful completion of Introduction to Payroll, you will:
- execute fundamental principles on how to efficiently and effectively calculate payroll.
- identify important provincial and federal rules and regulations.
- understand employer responsibilities.
- integrate information from Bookkeeping and Payroll Journal Entries.
- be a fundamental part of your organization or start a new career with your newly acquired payroll skills.
- obtain a Recognition of Participation certificate.
This course has no prerequisites.
Couse materials are provided.
This course can be used toward the 150 hour requirement to obtain Blue Seal Certification. For more information go to, https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/experiencedworkers/business-competencies/