The Physical Ability Requirement Evaluation (PARE) is an occupational test designed to assess one’s ability to perform the physical demands of police work. It is divided into three sections: the obstacle course, push/pull (weight station) and a bag carry. The first two stations are timed, and the third station is a pass or fail activity that is not timed.
- Station 1 – Obstacle course
This simulates proceeding to the scene of a problem or occurrence.
This simulates having to physically control a suspect.
This simulates having to remove an object or a person from a scene.
Prior to Testing:
Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Medical clearance form signed and stamped by your physician. PARE Medical Examination PDF
2. Get Active Questionnaire
On Testing Day:
1. Fill out COVID-19 Screening Form and email to email@example.com
2. Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled test time
3. Park in Lot N or O, paid parking through mobile HONK app.
4. Enter through the main entrance indicated as #1 on the Parking Map
5. Scan yourself in at the security desk with the barcode that will be emailed to you
6. Proceed to the PE building wing and wait outside the fitness centre doors by the Kodiak Bear. An appraiser will meet you 5 minutes prior to your test time.
Click For more information on PARE Testing
Call our CCE Office at 403-320-3288 and let us know. You may be able to attend another scheduled session or if you need to cancel completely, be sure to do so four
business days prior to the course start date to qualify for a full refund. No refunds are provided if we are notified after this point.
THIS IS A FACE-TO-FACE COURSE OFFERING