Coach, Mentor, Role Model, Supporter, Guide... do these words ring a bell? Being a coach involves being able to draw from several perspectives and disciplines. Coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees. Mentorship is a related skill that is often a part of coaching. It’s about being a guide, offering wisdom and advice when it is needed. Knowing how and when to coach (and when to use other tools, like mentoring) is an essential skill that can benefit both you and your organization.
Upon successful completion of Coach and Develop Your Team, you will:
- Use a variety of coaching strategies and techniques to effectively develop your team.
- Develop coaching and mentoring skills to help improve team performance.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, behaviors, and practices required to coach effectively.
- Recognize employees’ strengths and weaknesses and provide appropriate feedback.
- Identify individual and teamwork issues and methods to address them successfully.
No prerequisites required.
This course eligible for a badge and can be used towards qualify you to Supervisor Essentials Micro-credentials.
This course can be used toward the 150 hour requirement to obtain Blue Seal Certification. For more information go to, https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/experiencedworkers/business-competencies/
Course materials are included.