The Pre-Employment Electrician program will enhance your career opportunities in the electrical trade. You will receive extensive theoretical and hands-on training related to residential and commercial electrical installation. The Pre-employment Electrician program covers all material in The First Year Alberta Apprenticeship Electrical curriculum, plus additional safety training, and employability skills.
Upon successful completion of The Pre-Employment Electrician program, you will:
- be prepared to write the First Period Alberta Apprenticeship Examination.
- be prepared to be employed within the Electrical industry in Alberta.
- have obtained a variety of safety certificates (Standard 1st Aid/CPR Level A, Confined Space, WHMIS, Fire Safety, Fall Protection, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance, CSTS).
- have learned valuable employability skills including cover letter and resume writing, and interview skills.
- obtain a Letter of Recognition.
English 20-2, Math 20-3, Science 10, or pass Apprenticeship Entrance Exam.
Please contact Industrial and Technical Training at (403) 320-3202 ext. 5770 prior to registering to ensure all pre-requisites have been met.
Course fees do not included textbooks (approx. $350.00), apprenticeship exam fee ($150.00), or other materials.
Students in pre-employment programs can now apply for loans and grants through Student Aid Alberta.