Law Enforcement Testing | Lethbridge College
- Cost: $68.25 (includes GST)
- Please note that photo ID and a medical clearance form signed and stamped by your physician must be presented in order for you to run the PARE. Please ask your potential employer for the appropriate medical forms.
- NOTE: if you do not bring a medical the day of testing you will not be able to participate in the PARE and will not be issued a refund.
2017 PARE Testing Dates:
- September 19, 2017 – 1 p.m.
- October 17, 2017 – 1 p.m.
- November 21, 2017 – 1 p.m.
- December 5, 2017 – 1 p.m.
2018 PARE Testing Dates:
- January 15, 2018 – 9 a.m.
- January 15, 2018 – 1p.m.
- February 26, 2018 – 9 a.m.
- March 12, 2018 – 9 a.m.
- April 9, 2018 – 9 a.m.
Prior to PARE, Participants mus adher to the following:
- Be physically active for at least 2 months
- Abstain from smoking for at least 2 hours
- Abstain from caffeine products for at least 2 hours
- Abstain from using short-acting bronchodilators for at least 2 hours, but bring their short-acting bronchodilators with them in the event they will need it after the test and advise the PARE administrator of its location
- Abstain from alcohol for at least 6 hours
- Abstain from using any stimulants for at least 24 hours (i.e., products containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedra)
- Abstain from any vigorous exercise within 24 hours
At PARE participants must bring:
- Driver's license or similar photo ID
- PARQ + filled and signed by a witness
- Original and copy of PARE Medical Clearance if it was required according to PARQ+
- Comfortable exercise clothing
- Running shoes with clean soles that grip well
- Water and snacks
RCMP 12-week Fitness Program to prepare for PARE: http://www.rcmp.gc.ca/en/12-week-fitness-program#pct
Please contact Tiffany Wideen by phone or email for any questions or concerns.
Phone: 403.320.3202 ext. 5379
For further information, visit http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting-recrutement/index-eng.htm
A-PREP Fit to Serve Manual: Click Here