Difficult people are unavoidable and no workplace is without them. Unfortunately with new technology placing challenges on effective and polite communication, modern workplaces don’t always bring out the best in people. Attempting to ignore people who are difficult to work with can be an impossible scenario, especially if they happen to be your manager. The Dealing with Difficult People workshop will show you crucial techniques for how to assess difficult people, communicate with them effectively and create an action plan to create a more pleasant and productive workplace for everyone.
Dealing with Difficult People is a two-session workshop that teaches you valuable tools and skills required to begin to understand, communicate with, and eventually work cohesively alongside difficult people.
Upon successful completion of the Dealing with Difficult People workshop, you will:
- better understand why difficult people behave the way they do.
- feel confident that you can make a positive change at work.
- discover if you might unknowingly be difficult and how to adjust your demeanor.
- feel empowered to make a better manager-employee relationship.
- obtain a Recognition of Participation certificate.
This course has no prerequisites.
Course materials are included.
This course can be used toward the 150 hour requirement to obtain Blue Seal Certification.
For more information go to, https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/experiencedworkers/business-competencies/