THIS IS AN ONLINE-ONLY CLASS.
Are you a new supervisor and are you trying to learn the ropes quickly? Do you manage or lead others and want to refresh your skill set to ensure that you are working efficiently and effectively?
This course presents the fundamentals of effective supervision: leading, communicating, and getting results. In this course you will learn how to set priorities, communicate effectively, manage your time and stress, and many other essential skills. Learn how to change your leadership style to suit the task and people you are communicating with, as well as give praise or constructive feedback.
Come seamlessly transition into your new leadership role, inspiring your team to create future goals, and meet them. Become the high-impact leader you’ve always wanted to be. Demand respect and produce admirable results.
Upon successful completion of Basics of Supervisor, you will:
- adequately communicate and listen to your co-workers.
- know when to direct, delegate, coach, and support.
- confidently supervise others.
- be able to be promoted into management.
- use newly formed knowledge and tools in order to be a skilled leader.
- obtain a Recognition of Participation certificate.
No prerequisites required.
This course is part of the Supervisor Essentials Micro-credential, but can be taken individually as well.
This course eligible for a badge and can be used towards qualify you to Supervisor Essentials Micro-credentials.