After successful completion of the Canadian Restricted
Firearms Safety Course, you will be able to apply for a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) to legally purchase and own restricted firearms. You must pass the Canadian Non-Restricted Firearms Safety Course prior to taking the restricted course. The Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course will take place in the morning with written and practical testing in the afternoon. The course is instructed by provincially certified firearms trainers. The content of this course is controlled and approved by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Canadian Firearms Program (CFP).
- evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions
- basic firearms safety practices
- operating handgun actions
- firing techniques and procedures for handguns
- care of restricted firearms
- responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted firearms
Canadian Non-Restricted Firearms Safety Course
You must be 18 years of age or older to attend this course.
Course materials are included.